Masters in Education (M.Ed., MS)
The study of education is principally concerned with the advancement of learning. While the United States was once a global leader across the curriculum of science, math, reading, and civic studies, the nation has slipped to the middle tier in tests that measure intelligence in these fields. The nation’s educational system is always in demand for educators that have the experience and advanced knowledge in this vital field.
Masters in education programs focus their curriculum on a variety of specialties, including curriculum instruction, counseling, academic enrichment, student affairs, and adult education. Program length varies from one to two years. Courses include contemporary issues in education, technology in education, applied educational resources, and instructional theory and design. Masters in Education Programs offer both on-campus and online options, providing maximum variety for the working professional, or the more traditional student. Some programs even offer an accelerated degree program. Curriculum focuses on forward-looking topics that merge proven techniques with the next generation of educational pedagogy. Graduates of these programs might continue working at their schools as teachers, administrative officials, or curriculum developers. Others may be passionate for research and seek the doctoral degree in order to begin a career teaching teachers.
Education Master Degree Specialties
Adult Education & Training
- Adult Education (M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Continuing Education (MS) Masters Degrees
- Corporate Training (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
Certification, Credentialing, & Licensure
- Teacher Certification, Credentialing, & Licensure (M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
- Principal Certification, Credentialing, & Licensure (MA, M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
Curriculum & Instruction
- Curriculum & Instruction (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Education Assessment & Evaluation (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Educational & Instructional Technology (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- High Performance Instruction (MA) Masters Degrees
- Instructional Design & Development (M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Instructional Leadership (M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
Different Needs Education
- Differentiated Instruction (M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
- Gifted Education (M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
- Special Education (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Educational Administration & Supervision (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Educational Leadership (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Educational Management (M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
- Enrollment Management (MS) Masters Degrees
- School Athletic Administration (M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
- Student Affairs (MS) Masters Degrees
Educational Counseling & Psychology
- Early Childhood Education (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Elementary Education (MA, M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
- K-12 Education (MS) Masters Degrees
- Middle-Level Education (MA, MS) Masters Degrees
- Secondary Education (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- College Student Development (MS) Masters Degrees
- College Teaching & Learning (MS) Masters Degrees
- Higher Education (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Higher Education Administration (MS) Masters Degrees
- Higher Education Leadership (M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Higher Education Student Services (MA) Masters Degrees
- Bilingual Education (MS) Masters Degrees
- ESL Teaching: English as a Second Language (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- TESOL: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Culturally Responsive Education (MA) Masters Degrees
- Global Education (MS) Masters Degrees
- Online & Distance Learning (MA, MS) Masters Degrees
- Professional Studies in Education (MS) Masters Degrees
- Urban Education (MA) Masters Degrees
- Art Education (MA) Masters Degrees
- Library Media Education (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Mathematics Education (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Music Education (MA) Masters Degrees
- Physical Education (MA, M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
- Religious Education (MRE) Masters Degrees
- Reading & Literacy Education (MA, M.Ed. MS) Masters Degrees
- Science Education (MA, MS, M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
- Social Science Education (MA, M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
- STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics Education (M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
Teaching & Learning
- Brain-Based Teaching: BrainSMART Programs (MS) Masters Degrees
- Classroom Management (M.Ed.) Masters Degrees
- Teacher Leadership (MA, M.Ed., MS) Masters Degrees
- Teaching & Learning (MA, M.Ed. MS) Masters Degrees
Campus and Online Masters in Education Programs
A masters degree in education (M.Ed., MA.Ed., MS, MA, MAT, etc.) can include majors such as administration, counseling, curriculum & instruction, elementary education, secondary education, higher education, general education, special education, and many more. Below, you can browse some of the top-ranked accredited universities that offer masters degrees in education for aspiring teachers, teachers looking to further their careers, or those looking to become administrators.
MAT in Secondary Ed.
M.Ed. in Elementary Edu.
M.Ed. in Special Ed.
Liberty University – Liberty University is one of the top schools offering online, accredited degree programs. We have several Masters in Education degrees for students to select and specialize in the field of their interest, including Secondary Education Elementary Education, and Special Education. These degrees are for student who want to enhance their careers in a relatively short time.
MAT: Secondary English
MAT: Secondary Math
MAT: Secondary Science
University of Southern California – USC, a respected provider of online and onsite education, is an affordable option for students looking to further their careers in education. You will learn high-demand skills and retain knowledge that can be applied to real-world applications. Student have various online, accredited degrees to select from like Teaching, Secondary English, Secondary Math, and Secondary Science.
MS in Education
MA in Teaching
MSHE in Student Affairs
MSHE in College Admin.
MSE in Instructional Tech
Kaplan University – Kaplan offers a variety of accredited online Masters in Education programs, each designed to meet the specific goals of students who want to: obtain a masters in education, obtain a teaching license after getting their undergraduate degree in something other than teaching, become a school counselor, become a school principal , or teach college courses, develop K-12 curriculum, or develop college level curriculum.
MS in Curriculum & Inst.
MS in Middle Level Edu.
MS in Elementary Literacy
MS in Grades 5-8 Math
Walden University – Walden University is among the largest educators with thousands of accredited degrees offered. Several degrees are offered in the field of Education at the Masters level alone. Even better, classes can be taken online and at the campus. Walden has several degrees available for students interested in Masters in Education programs, including Curriculum and Instruction, Middle Level Education, Elementary Literacy, and Middle Level Math.
MEd in Athletic Admin
MEd in eLearning
MEd in Global Training
MEd in Early Childhood Ed
Northcentral University – For students who are seeking to further their knowledge in education, Northcentral University has crafted many online programs that offer a unique learning experience to each student. These online programs also provide more flexibility and convenience than campus programs and can be completed at a pace that is comfortable. Students can specialize in a field of their choice like Athletic Admin, eLearning, Global Training & Development, and Early Childhood Education.